Bruins lead Flyers, 2-0, after two
|12.01.10 at 8:39 pm ET|
Tim Thomas has been spellbinding, and after two periods, the Bruins are holding on to a 2-0 lead over the Flyers.
The Bruins’ netminder has 29 saves through 40 minutes of play, and he’s been especially tough on Scott Hartnell. Hartnell has four shots on goal and actually got hit in the face by Thomas after he was a little too persistent with trying to knock a puck out of Thomas’ possession. Both players received minor penalties, with Tyler Seguin serving Thomas’.
After serving his penalty, Hartnell came out of the box and had a breakaway foiled by Andrew Ference taking him down. The play resulted in a penalty shot, with Thomas once again besting the Flyers winger.
The Flyers are 0-for-4 on the power play, while the Bruins are 1-for-2. Sergei Bobrovsky has 22 saves on 24 shots.
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...