Bruins lead Flyers, 2-0, after two
|12.01.10 at 8:39 pm ET|
Tim Thomas has been spellbinding, and after two periods, the Bruins are holding on to a 2-0 lead over the Flyers.
The Bruins’ netminder has 29 saves through 40 minutes of play, and he’s been especially tough on Scott Hartnell. Hartnell has four shots on goal and actually got hit in the face by Thomas after he was a little too persistent with trying to knock a puck out of Thomas’ possession. Both players received minor penalties, with Tyler Seguin serving Thomas’.
After serving his penalty, Hartnell came out of the box and had a breakaway foiled by Andrew Ference taking him down. The play resulted in a penalty shot, with Thomas once again besting the Flyers winger.
The Flyers are 0-for-4 on the power play, while the Bruins are 1-for-2. Sergei Bobrovsky has 22 saves on 24 shots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5