Chiarelli issues statement on report of Marco Sturm trade
|12.02.10 at 9:42 pm ET|
Immediately following Thursday’s win over Tampa, the Bruins released the following statement on the report that they have traded Marco Sturm to Los Angeles:
“I am aware of the various media reports today regarding Marco Sturm,” said Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli. ”I can confirm that I spoke to Marco about waiving his no trade clause and have had discussions regarding Marco with other teams. I can also confirm that there is no trade in place with Marco. At this time, Marco is a member of the Boston Bruins and will continue to train with our team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season