Report: Bruins trade Marco Sturm to Kings
|12.02.10 at 12:58 pm ET|
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger (via twitter) the Bruins have traded winger Marco Sturm to the Kings. According to ESPN’s James Murphy, the Bruins received a conditional fifth-round pick.
Sturm is still recovering from a torn ACL and MCL suffered in last year’s playoffs. In trading him and his $3.5 million salary cap hit, the team will be cap-compliant without any issue. The team would have needed to shed salary before Sturm’s return, as they had been given cap relief with both Sturm and Marc Savard on long-term injury reserve.
The Bruins are now $46,128 under the cap, according to CapGeek.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season