Report: Bruins trade Marco Sturm to Kings
|12.02.10 at 12:58 pm ET|
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger (via twitter) the Bruins have traded winger Marco Sturm to the Kings. According to ESPN’s James Murphy, the Bruins received a conditional fifth-round pick.
Sturm is still recovering from a torn ACL and MCL suffered in last year’s playoffs. In trading him and his $3.5 million salary cap hit, the team will be cap-compliant without any issue. The team would have needed to shed salary before Sturm’s return, as they had been given cap relief with both Sturm and Marc Savard on long-term injury reserve.
The Bruins are now $46,128 under the cap, according to CapGeek.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara