- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Bruins lead Sabres after one period
Posted By DJ Bean On December 7, 2010 @ 8:15 pm In General | No Comments
Ryan Miller had his career-high shutout streak of 161:35 snapped when he let a Milan Lucic shot from the right circle sneak behind the left post. As a result, the B’s are leading the Sabres, 1-0, after 20 minutes of play at TD Garden.
- The Michael Ryder – Marc Savard – Tyler Seguin line has gotten its chances, but sloppiness has been the demise of their opportunities. Seguin couldn’t catch two of Savard’s passes, and when the rookie hit Ryder on a 3-on-2 in which Miller was focused on Savard, Ryder missed the net.
- Shawn Thornton took an Andrew Ference shot off the right hand/wrist area in front of the net. After a brief trip down the tunnel, Thornton returned to bench and later returned to the ice.
- Tim Thomas has been sharp, as he stuck a leg out to stone former Boston College center Nathan Gerbe and later nearly chased Tyler Ennis around the net to squash a scoring bid.
- Former Bruin Steve Montador did the twist with Johnny Boychuk at 14:04, the only fight of the period. Montador got a roughing minor in addition to his fighting major, with the B’s failing to convert on their only power play. The Sabres have yet to go on the man advantage.
- The Bruins are outshooting the Sabres, 11-8.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2010/12/07/bruins-lead-sabres-after-one-period/
URLs in this post:
 > Bruins lead Sabres after one period" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2010/12/07/bruins-lead-sabres-after-one-period/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.