Steven Kampfer joins Bruins with Mark Stuart out
|12.08.10 at 11:52 am ET|
WILMINGTON — The newly recalled Steven Kampfer took the ice with the Bruins as the team held practice Wednesday at Ristuccia Arena. The team summoned the 22-year-old on an emergency basis following the upper-body injury sufferered by Mark Stuart in Tuesday’s game.
Stuart, as one could have guessed, was not on the ice in practice. He left in midway through the first period of the team’s 3-2 overtime victory over the Sabres. Everybody else was accounted for at practice, including Marco Sturm.
Kampfer was second on the Providence Bruins in scoring with 16 points (3-13) through 20 games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5