Bruins trail Flyers after two
|12.11.10 at 8:36 pm ET|
James van Riemsdyk scored his fifth goal of the season, a wrester off the glove of Tim Thomas at 18:39 of the second period, and the Flyers lead the Bruins, 2-0 at the second intermission.
With Adam McQuaid and Jody Shelley both chasing an iced puck in the Bruins’ zone, Shelley pushed McQuaid — clearly the winner of the foot-race — and the defenseman’s momentum took him right into the boards, where he remained motionless for a few moments.
Shelley was handed a five-minute major penalty for hitting from behind and a 10-minute game misconduct. McQuaid returned to the ice later in the period.
The B’s outshot the Flyers, 13-7, in the second and lead them in shots, 22-17.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5