Marco Sturm passes physical with Kings
|12.14.10 at 5:40 pm ET|
Peter Chiarelli released a statement Tuesday saying Marco Sturm has passed his physical with the Kings, making his trade from the Bruins official. Rich Hammond was the first to report the physical being completed.
The Bruins announced on Saturday that they had sent Sturm to Los Angeles in exchange for nothing. Trading Sturm, who is coming off a torn ACL and MCL, allowed the Bruins to avoid a messy salary cap situation that would have been encontered with his activation. Sturm, a free agent at season’s end, has a $3.5 million salary cap hit.
With the trade, the Bruins are $288,793 under the cap, according to capgeek.com.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara