Bruins remain tied with Sabres after two
|12.15.10 at 8:37 pm ET|
The Bruins had their chance at regaining the lead, but they enter the third period tied, 1-1, with the Sabres.
Boston had a 5-on-3 when Tyler Myers sent the puck over the glass in his own zone with Jochen Hecht already in the box, but the B’s failed to convert. They are now 0-for-3 on the night.
Zdeno Chara had probably the Bruins’ best chance when his shot rang off Ryan Miller’s post early on in the period. Nathan Horton had a slap shot stopped by the reigning Vezina winner in the period’s final minutes.
Myers appeared to be setting up a Sabres goal when he sent a puck across the net in front of Tuukka Rask to Tyler Ennis. Though Ennis couldn’t handle the pass and allowed Rask time to get in position, Myers did draw a Patrice Bergeron hooking penalty on the play.
The Bruins outshot Buffalo, 12-9 in the period and are being outshot, 27-26, in the game.
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage
- Public Skate: Bruins vs Maple Leafs, 7PM EST