- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Post-morning-skate odds and ends: Tim Thomas in net, Brad Marchand out
Posted By DJ Bean On December 20, 2010 @ 12:02 pm In General | No Comments
Tim Thomas  was first off the ice on Monday morning, so it’s safe to assume he’ll be in net vs. the Ducks at 7:30 p.m. Thomas bailed the Bruins out on Saturday night when he made 25 saves in the the third period against the Capitals in a 3-2 victory. Here are some other notes following morning skate:
- Brad Marchand  wasn’t on the ice and is not expected to play against the Ducks. Coach Claude Julien  reiterated following the skate that the energetic winger is day-to-day, adding that he is “still stiff” from a hit he took on Saturday against the Capitals. Of course, Marchand also took a crushing hit from P.K. Subban in Thursday’s game in Montreal, so it seems he just needs some time to recover from a beating he took over the last couple of games.
In Marchand’s place will be Daniel Paille , who said he was told by assistant coaches that he should expect to play. Aside from the season-opener, Paille has only seen time due to another player being either injured or scratched.
- When asked about what the B’s are facing in the Ducks, Julien called them a “big strong team” who plays “heavy game.” The Bruins coach likened the Ducks to a team like the Flyers and said their style of play is similar to “what we’re trying to do here.”
- In facing the Ducks, Shawn Thornton  will be facing the team with which he got his first real chance. Thornton spent the 2006-07 season with the Ducks and on Monday will go against former teammates including George Parros, Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry , and Teemu Selanne.
Thornton spoke highly of his time in Anaheim, though he said Parros is the only one he still keeps in touch with.
- It’s never too early to begin looking at the playoff picture. Milan Lucic  had the standings in mind when assessing the matchup of the Bruins and Ducks.
“They’re eighth in the West, and they’re eighth in the East,” the Bruins’ leading goal-scorer said. “We have a chance to move up here and move up in the standings and be tied with Montreal for first in the division. We know it’s a big game for us and we want to [leave] things off the right way going into the Christmas break here.”
- Last but not least, Rene Rancournament night has finally arrived. The Bruins will be giving out complimentary ornaments of National Anthem singer and cult hero Rene Rancourt to fans in attendance. There’s been quite a buzz about it from fans and media alike. Personally, I’lll consider it a letdown if the ornament doesn’t fist-pump and point correctly.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2010/12/20/post-morning-skate-odds-and-ends-tim-thomas-in-net-brad-marchand-out/
URLs in this post:
 Tim Thomas: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tim-thomas.htm
 Brad Marchand: http://media.weei.com/hockey/brad-marchand.htm
 Claude Julien: http://media.weei.com/hockey/claude-julien.htm
 Daniel Paille: http://media.weei.com/hockey/daniel-paille.htm
 Shawn Thornton: http://media.weei.com/hockey/shawn-thornton.htm
 Corey Perry: http://media.weei.com/hockey/corey-perry.htm
 Milan Lucic: http://media.weei.com/hockey/milan-lucic.htm
 > Post-morning-skate odds and ends: Tim Thomas in net, Brad Marchand out" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2010/12/20/post-morning-skate-odds-and-ends-tim-thomas-in-net-brad-marchand-out/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.