Brad Marchand considered ‘very doubtful’ vs. Thrashers
|12.23.10 at 11:49 am ET|
“I don’t think he’s 100 percent,” Julien said of the 22-year-old winger.
Marchand, speaking for the first time since leaving in the second period of Saturday’s game against the Capitals, said that he is dealing with general soreness that came as a result of a crushing hit he took from Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban last Thursday.
“My body’s a little sore and it was affecting my game,” Marchand said. “I figured it would be best for the team if I pulled myself from the game.”
Though the brunt of the injury came from the Subban hit, Marchand began feeling worse as he took more hits in the Washington game that he ultimately left.
“I took a couple of little hits in the Washington game, and I started feeling it when I was out there.”
Marchand did not take any physical contact in his skate on Thursday. He was joined on the ice by Mark Stuart, as the Bruins, who have had high-intensity practices over the last two days, didn’t take the ice.
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition