Michael Ryder, Shawn Thornton extend Bruins’ lead
|12.23.10 at 8:39 pm ET|
The Bruins have kept up the energy and after goals from Michael Ryder and Shawn Thornton lead the Thrashers, 3-1, heading into the third period.
Ryder scored the B’s first power play tally in three games when he notched his 10th goal of the season at 4:04. With an assist on the play, Patrice Bergeron picked up his second point of the night.
As for Thornton, he may currently be a Boston fan favorite, but he did a couple of impressions of Boston stars past. Anyone missing Randy Moss (I understand that’s a stretch) saw some of his flash at 5:00 of the period. Much like Moss waving for a pass down the field, Thornton set up shop near the top of the left circle and called for a puck, tapping his stick until Adam McQuaid hit him with a pass. Thornton then made like Adrian Beltre by beating Pavelec with a snapshot off one knee.
Dustin Byfuglien, meanwhile, put the Thrashers on the board at 8:40. It was his 13th goal and 37th point. His previous career high for points entering the season was 36.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5