Milan Lucic hearing scheduled for Sunday
|12.24.10 at 2:52 pm ET|
According to a tweet from TSN’s Darren Dreger, a hearing has been set for Sunday between the league and Bruins forward Milan Lucic. The 22-year-old faces a suspension after receiving a match penalty for clocking Thrashers defenseman Freddy Meyer in the temple on Thursday following Meyer’s high hit on Lucic. Because Gregory Campbell plays for the Bruins, Mike Murphy will handle the hearing rather than Colin Campbell.
Lucic said after the game that he — like coach Claude Julien — felt Meyer’s hit was dirty, though Lucic added that he would “face the consequences” for the punch that refs deemed intent to injure.
The hit from Meyer resulted in a line-brawl between all skaters on the ice, with Nathan Horton fighting Evander Kane, Marc Savard taking on Bryan Little, and Andrew Ference dropping the gloves with Anthony Stewart.
The Bruins won the game, 4-1.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time