Milan Lucic hearing scheduled for Sunday
|12.24.10 at 2:52 pm ET|
According to a tweet from TSN’s Darren Dreger, a hearing has been set for Sunday between the league and Bruins forward Milan Lucic. The 22-year-old faces a suspension after receiving a match penalty for clocking Thrashers defenseman Freddy Meyer in the temple on Thursday following Meyer’s high hit on Lucic. Because Gregory Campbell plays for the Bruins, Mike Murphy will handle the hearing rather than Colin Campbell.
Lucic said after the game that he — like coach Claude Julien — felt Meyer’s hit was dirty, though Lucic added that he would “face the consequences” for the punch that refs deemed intent to injure.
The hit from Meyer resulted in a line-brawl between all skaters on the ice, with Nathan Horton fighting Evander Kane, Marc Savard taking on Bryan Little, and Andrew Ference dropping the gloves with Anthony Stewart.
The Bruins won the game, 4-1.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara