Jody Shelley suspended… again
|12.29.10 at 3:30 pm ET|
It seems like just yesterday that people in the Bruins locker room were giving Jody Shelley the benefit of the doubt as an honest player who made a dirty play following his cheap hit on Adam McQuaid on Dec. 11. Shelley of course received a one-game suspension, but that hasn’t been the extent of his league-ordered missed time.
On Tuesday night, Shelley reached over a Canucks player to sucker-punch former Bruin Andrew Alberts in a scrum, sending the defenseman down. This time, Shelley’s antics have cost him two games, as the Flyers learned Wednesday of his multi-game suspension.
The Flyers will take on the Kings Thursday and the Ducks on Friday. Philadelphia is currently second in the Atlantic division with 49 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara