Bruins, Thrashers tied entering third period
|12.30.10 at 8:40 pm ET|
Blake Wheeler and Tobias Enstrom scored in the second period, and the Bruins and Thrashers enter the third period tied at two goals apiece.
Wheeler took a nice pass from David Krejci and beat Pavalec for his ninth goal of the season just 55 seconds into the period. Another game, another big case of production from that line. Wheeler has tied his season high with five shots on net through two periods.
Enstrom beat Tim Thomas five-hole for a power play goal — sound familiar? It was the second such occurrence for the Thrashers’ blueliner, as he did the same to open the scoring in the firs period.
Daniel Paille, meanwhile, did something Bruins fans likely appreciated when he went after Dustin Byfuglien in front of the Thrashers’ net. Byfuglien caught Paille with an elbow at the end of a play and the fourth-line fill-i exchanged words and shoves with the Thrashers D man and Bruins killer. Both went off for roughing with 8:28 remaining in the period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara