After pulling Tuukka Rask, Bruins trail Sabres, 5-4
|01.01.11 at 9:05 pm ET|
So much for Tuukka Time. Claude Julien apparently saw enough from the 23-year-old in the first to cut Tim Thomas’ day off short. Thomas allowed a pair of goals in the second period, and the Bruins now trail, 5-4, entering the third period.
Drew Stafford scored his second goal of the game and fifth goal vs. the B’s this year when he beat Thomas at 6:17. With the Sabres on the power play at 17:43, Jason Pomonville also scored his second of the night as he sent a shot wide that was redirected by Dennis Seidenberg’s skate and past Thomas.
The Bruins actually had more shots on goal in the second (13) than they did in the first period. Should the Bruins fail to come back in the third period, it will be their first regulation loss of their current road trip.
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about