Bruins call up Matt Bartkowski from Providence, place Mark Stuart on IR
|01.09.11 at 9:25 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday night that they have recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski from Providence and placed defenseman Mark Stuart on injured reserve. The 22-year-old Bartkowski will be available to the B’s when they face the Penguins on Monday night.
Bartkowski was the Bruins’ final cut from the NHL roster before the regular season. In 34 games in Providence, he has four goals and eight assists for 12 points on the season.
The Bruins acquired Bartkowski from the Panthers in last season’s trade for Dennis Seidenberg. The Ohio State product was drafted by the Panthers in the seventh round of the 2008 draft.
Stuart has been out since Dec. 7 with a fractured hand and dislocated finger. He has two points (both assists) in 26 games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5