|Bruins call up Matt Bartkowski from Providence, place Mark Stuart on IR||01.09.11 at 9:25 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday night that they have recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski from Providence and placed defenseman Mark Stuart on injured reserve. The 22-year-old Bartkowski will be available to the B’s when they face the Penguins on Monday night.
Bartkowski was the Bruins’ final cut from the NHL roster before the regular season. In 34 games in Providence, he has four goals and eight assists for 12 points on the season.
The Bruins acquired Bartkowski from the Panthers in last season’s trade for Dennis Seidenberg. The Ohio State product was drafted by the Panthers in the seventh round of the 2008 draft.
Stuart has been out since Dec. 7 with a fractured hand and dislocated finger. He has two points (both assists) in 26 games.
- Bruins vs. Rangers Game 5 Preview: Please close this out
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces