One and done: Bruins assign Matt Bartkowski to Providence
|01.11.11 at 7:59 pm ET|
The Bruins announced prior to the second period of Monday night’s game vs. the Senators that they have assigned defenseman Matt Bartkowski to Providence. Bartkowski, 22, was recalled on an emergency basis Sunday night and made his NHL debut Monday in place of the injured Adam McQuaid.
McQuaid was suffering an undisclosed injury, though he made his return to the lineup on Monday, logging 5:45 of ice time in the first period.
In 34 games in Providence this season, Bartkowski has four goals and eight assists for a total of 12 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara