Patrice Bergeron, Blake Wheeler score in first to give Bruins 2-0 lead
|01.11.11 at 7:41 pm ET|
With the Senators trying to break out of their own end, Mike Fisher couldn’t control a pass from Chris Campoli from behind the net. Bergeron got a hold of the puck near the bottom the circle and fired a wrist shot over the glove of Senators netminder Brian Elliot.
At 9:47, Wheeler scored his 10th goal of the season when Tyler Seguin hit him in front of the net with a pass from the face-off dot. Wheeler, who wasn’t exactly challenged by Chris Phillips‘ presence in front of the net, simply tapped it bast Elliot. It as Seguin’s ninth assist of the season.
Seguin took the only penalty of the period, going off for a high-sticking minor when the shaft of his stick hit Matt Carkner after the Senators defensman checked the rookie along the boards.
Tim Thomas has stopped all nine shots he’s seen, while the B’s have fired 10 shots on Elliot.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara