Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, Tyler Seguin score for Bruins in second period
|01.11.11 at 8:42 pm ET|
The Bruins opened up a 5-0 goal lead in the second period with some scoring, some fighting, and hundreds of hats thrown prematurely.
Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, and Tyler Seguin all scored in the period. Bergeron’s second goal of the game came when he banged one past Brian Elliot point-blank at 2:50. He was believed to have recorded the third goal of his perceived hat trick at 14:07, but after fans showered the ice with hats and the play was reviewed, it was determined that the puck went off Sergei Gonchar’s skate and it was credited to Marchand. Seguin picked up his seventh goal of the season just over a minute later.
The period also featured a couple of fights. Nathan Horton dropped the gloves with Jesse Winchester and the two seemed to still have words from each others’ respective penalty box. Shawn Thornton went with Matt Carnker at 10:26.
Andrew Ference has the only minor penalty of the period, and through two periods, the Bruins have not had a power play. The Bruins are outshooting Ottawa, 27-22. The shutout remains intact for Tim Thomas.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara