|Patrice Bergeron scores, but Flyers lead Bruins, 3-2, after two||01.13.11 at 8:41 pm ET|
The Bruins got it done early on in the second period, but the Flyers finished the period stronger and take a 3-2 period into the third.
Patrice Bergeron scored his sixth goal in his last four games when he redirected a Steven Kampfer shot from the point past Brian Boucher just 45 seconds into the period. The Bruins continued their offensive pressure early on the period, with Boucher coming up big for the Flyers.
A turnover caused by Zdeno Chara led to Nikolay Zherdev’s 14th goal of the season. Chara’s shot was blocked and sent up ahead to Zherdev in the neutral zone, and the Russian winger tied it up on a breakaway. Jeff Carter made it 3-2 with 36 seconds left in the period.
Tim Thomas made 10 saves for the B’s in the the second, most notably making a huge stop on a Scott Hartnell breakaway in halfway through the period. He was also the beneficiary of a couple of pucks clanking off posts.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET