|Chris Kunitz goal has Penguins leading Bruins after one||01.15.11 at 1:47 pm ET|
The Penguins don’t have Sidney Crosby, but they do have a 1-0 lead after a period at TD Garden.
Jordan Staal took a pass from Matt Cooke, and with Tuukka Rask’s attention on Staal, the former second overall pick sent a pass to Chris Kunitz in front of the net. The puck went off Kunitz’ skate and into the net, with a review of the play showing there wasn’t a kicking motion and that Kunitz had fanned on a shot.
The Penguins’ goal came shortly after Cooke got out of the box for an interference call. Cooke was sent off after barreling into a puck-less Adam McQuaid in front of the B’s net.
Gregory Campbell and Craig Adams provided the fisticuffs for the period, dropping the gloves at 15:10. Once Campbell got his right hand free, the B’s center landed several rights in succession.
The teams each have 12 shots on goal.
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition
- VIDEO: Extended Highlights of Rangers/Bruins Game 2
- Dear NBC: Time To Acknowledge The AHL