Chris Kunitz goal has Penguins leading Bruins after one
|01.15.11 at 1:47 pm ET|
Jordan Staal took a pass from Matt Cooke, and with Tuukka Rask’s attention on Staal, the former second overall pick sent a pass to Chris Kunitz in front of the net. The puck went off Kunitz’ skate and into the net, with a review of the play showing there wasn’t a kicking motion and that Kunitz had fanned on a shot.
The Penguins’ goal came shortly after Cooke got out of the box for an interference call. Cooke was sent off after barreling into a puck-less Adam McQuaid in front of the B’s net.
Gregory Campbell and Craig Adams provided the fisticuffs for the period, dropping the gloves at 15:10. Once Campbell got his right hand free, the B’s center landed several rights in succession.
The teams each have 12 shots on goal.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara