|Bruins activate Mark Stuart, return Matt Bartkowski to Providence||01.16.11 at 11:21 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday night that they have activated defenseman Mark Stuart from injured reserve and sent Matt Bartkowski to Providence.
Stuart has been out since suffering a fractured hand and dislocated finger on Dec. 7 against the Sabres. He had initially hurt his right hand three days earlier in Toronto.
Bartkowski played two games for the Bruins after being summoned on two separate occasions to fill in for Adam McQuaid and Andrew Ference on Monday and Saturday, respectively. The 22-year-old had a minus-1 rating over his two games, both of which were against the Penguins.
In 34 games in Providence this season, Bartkowski has four goals and eight assists for 12 points.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition