Patrice Bergeron named No. 2 star of the week
|01.17.11 at 12:40 pm ET|
Bruins center Patrice Bergeron was named the No. 2 star of the week for the week ending on Jan. 16. The 25-year-old was runner-up to Hurricanes winger Jussi Jokinen, who had four goals and three assists in three games for Carolina during the week.
Bergeron also had seven points during the week, scoring four goals and adding three assists over a four-game stretch in which the B’s went 3-1-0. On the season, Bergeron has 14 goals and 20 assists for a team-leading 34 points in 44 games.
Coyotes netminder Ilya Bryzgalov was named the third star.
- Fresh Links: Up the River Edition
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2
- Orpik hit on Eriksson and the Thornton hit on Orpik: Both are terrible