Marc Savard leaves game, but Bruins add to lead
|01.22.11 at 4:42 pm ET|
The Bruins added to their lead in the second period and now hold a 4-1 edge over the Avalanche heading into the third period thanks to goals from Mark Recchi and Milan Lucic.
Both Bruins goals in the period came on 2-on-1 opportunities. Brad Marchand took advantage of Craig Anderson coming far out of his net to cut down the angle, and hit Recchi in front for a one-timer. Lucic added his 19th of the season and second of the game with 56 seconds remaining in the period.
Marc Savard will not return to the game after taking a hit in the corner during the second period from Avalanche defenseman Matt Hunwick. Following the hit, Savard fell to the ice, holding his head before trainer Don DelNegro came to his aid.
Through two periods, Tim Thomas has stopped 21 of 22 shots he has faced. The B’s have put 28 shots on Anderson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5