|Zdeno Chara breaks his own hardest shot record||01.29.11 at 9:30 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara broke his own record in the Hardest Shot competition on Saturday night, winning the event for the fourth straight year.
Chara blasted a 105.9 mph slap shot in the final round of the competition, beating Predators defenseman Shea Weber‘s 103.4 mph shot and breaking his previous record of 105.4 MPH. Rookie Tyler Seguin also competed in the competition, topping out at 97.1 mph.
Here’s the video of Chara in 2009, when he first broke Al Iafrate‘s record.
Tim Thomas competed in the fastest skater competition against Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward. The B’s netminder wiped out while turning a corner and quipped following the event that “Fortunately, with my style I’ve had lots of experience falling down.”
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...