Zdeno Chara breaks his own hardest shot record
|01.29.11 at 9:30 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara broke his own record in the Hardest Shot competition on Saturday night, winning the event for the fourth straight year.
Chara blasted a 105.9 mph slap shot in the final round of the competition, beating Predators defenseman Shea Weber‘s 103.4 mph shot and breaking his previous record of 105.4 MPH. Rookie Tyler Seguin also competed in the competition, topping out at 97.1 mph.
Here’s the video of Chara in 2009, when he first broke Al Iafrate‘s record.
Tim Thomas competed in the fastest skater competition against Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward. The B’s netminder wiped out while turning a corner and quipped following the event that “Fortunately, with my style I’ve had lots of experience falling down.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5