Team Lidstrom wins NHL All-Star Game, Tim Thomas gets victory
|01.30.11 at 8:17 pm ET|
Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas became the first goalie to win three All-Star Games in a row when Team Lidstrom defeated Team Staal, 11-10, Sunday in Raleigh, N.C.
Thomas, who also won the 2008 and 2009 All-Star Games, made 11 saves on 15 shots in the third period. Bruins captain Zdeno Chara had an assist on Team Staal’s first goal, a tally by Capitals forward Alexander Ovechkin.
Anze Kopital, Danny Briere and Louie Eriksson each had a pair of goals for Team Lidstrom. Eric Staal and Kris Letang led Team Staal with two goals. Patrick Sharp, who had a goal and two assists for Team Staal, was named the game’s MVP.
The Bruins will return to practice in Wilmington on Monday before heading to Raleigh, where they will face the Hurricanes on Tuesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara