|Bruins, Hurricanes scoreless after one||02.01.11 at 7:47 pm ET|
The Bruins and Hurricanes are scoreless after a period, with the B’s outshooting Carolina, 15-10.
The Bruins were shorthanded twice in the period, with Daniel Paille and Michael Ryder going off for hooking and interference, respectively. Neither Hurricanes power plays yielded goals, though Paille had a breakaway opportunity for the Bruins when he hopped out of the box. Tim Thomas made some big saves, and even went without his mask for a few seconds, on the first penalty kill.
Milan Lucic and Jay Harrison dropped the gloves briefly, though the fight yielded very few punches before beanbag broken up.
with Lucic in the box, Claude Julien went with tweaked lines, and a line of Wheeler-Campbell-Thornton would have produced the game’s first goal were it not for Cam Ward robbing Blake Wheeler in front.
The period ended with a bang, as Steven Kampfer crushed fellow rookie Jeff Skinner accepted a pass coming into the Bruins’ zone.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period