Bruins, Hurricanes scoreless after one
|02.01.11 at 7:47 pm ET|
The Bruins and Hurricanes are scoreless after a period, with the B’s outshooting Carolina, 15-10.
The Bruins were shorthanded twice in the period, with Daniel Paille and Michael Ryder going off for hooking and interference, respectively. Neither Hurricanes power plays yielded goals, though Paille had a breakaway opportunity for the Bruins when he hopped out of the box. Tim Thomas made some big saves, and even went without his mask for a few seconds, on the first penalty kill.
Milan Lucic and Jay Harrison dropped the gloves briefly, though the fight yielded very few punches before beanbag broken up.
with Lucic in the box, Claude Julien went with tweaked lines, and a line of Wheeler-Campbell-Thornton would have produced the game’s first goal were it not for Cam Ward robbing Blake Wheeler in front.
The period ended with a bang, as Steven Kampfer crushed fellow rookie Jeff Skinner accepted a pass coming into the Bruins’ zone.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5