Bruins, Hurricanes scoreless after one
|02.01.11 at 7:47 pm ET|
The Bruins and Hurricanes are scoreless after a period, with the B’s outshooting Carolina, 15-10.
The Bruins were shorthanded twice in the period, with Daniel Paille and Michael Ryder going off for hooking and interference, respectively. Neither Hurricanes power plays yielded goals, though Paille had a breakaway opportunity for the Bruins when he hopped out of the box. Tim Thomas made some big saves, and even went without his mask for a few seconds, on the first penalty kill.
Milan Lucic and Jay Harrison dropped the gloves briefly, though the fight yielded very few punches before beanbag broken up.
with Lucic in the box, Claude Julien went with tweaked lines, and a line of Wheeler-Campbell-Thornton would have produced the game’s first goal were it not for Cam Ward robbing Blake Wheeler in front.
The period ended with a bang, as Steven Kampfer crushed fellow rookie Jeff Skinner accepted a pass coming into the Bruins’ zone.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara