Daniel Paille scores first goal of season, Bruins tied with Hurricanes after two
|02.01.11 at 8:38 pm ET|
The Bruins and Hurricanes followed a scoreless period with one-goal efforts in the second, and after 40 minutes, the teams are tied, 1-1.
In a game that has featured terrific goaltending throughout the night, it’s only fitting that Daniel Paille provided the night’s first goal. Paille, who hadn’t scored since last April, tipped a Zdeno Chara past Cam Ward at 4:14 of the period. Hurricanes defenseman Jamie McBain scored his fourth goal of the season when he got his stick on a slow-bouncing pass from Sergei Samzonov in front of the net.
Blake Wheeler had the period’s only penalty, a delay of game minor for flipping the puck over the glass in the B’s defensive zone at 6:07. The Hurricanes are now 0-for-3 on the power play, while the B’s have yet to have a man advantage.
Carolina had eight shots in the period to Boston’s six. Through two, the Bruins are outshooting the Hurricanes, 21-18.
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks, SECOND PERIOD
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 3
- 3 Questions With... Greg Boysen of Second City Hockey