Daniel Paille scores first goal of season, Bruins tied with Hurricanes after two
|02.01.11 at 8:38 pm ET|
The Bruins and Hurricanes followed a scoreless period with one-goal efforts in the second, and after 40 minutes, the teams are tied, 1-1.
In a game that has featured terrific goaltending throughout the night, it’s only fitting that Daniel Paille provided the night’s first goal. Paille, who hadn’t scored since last April, tipped a Zdeno Chara past Cam Ward at 4:14 of the period. Hurricanes defenseman Jamie McBain scored his fourth goal of the season when he got his stick on a slow-bouncing pass from Sergei Samzonov in front of the net.
Blake Wheeler had the period’s only penalty, a delay of game minor for flipping the puck over the glass in the B’s defensive zone at 6:07. The Hurricanes are now 0-for-3 on the power play, while the B’s have yet to have a man advantage.
Carolina had eight shots in the period to Boston’s six. Through two, the Bruins are outshooting the Hurricanes, 21-18.
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge