Bruins call up Zach Hamill from Providence
|02.03.11 at 10:44 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that have called up center Zach Hamill from Providence. The team’s first-round draft pick (eighth overall) in the 2007 draft, Hamill is second on the Providence Bruins with 28 points. His 25 assists are a team-high.
The promotion does not have anything to do with Daniel Paille, who seems a safe bet to be suspended for a blindside hit on Stars forward Raymond Sawada in the second period of Thursday’s 6-3 victory over Dallas. Hamill could be seen in the Bruins’ dressing room after the game, and coach Claude Julien noted that he was informed of the move earlier in the day.
Hamill is likely up to provide an another option for the team with Marc Savard’s season in question. Savard suffered the fourth concussion of his career last month against the Avalanche.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara