Bruins call up Zach Hamill from Providence
|02.03.11 at 10:44 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that have called up center Zach Hamill from Providence. The team’s first-round draft pick (eighth overall) in the 2007 draft, Hamill is second on the Providence Bruins with 28 points. His 25 assists are a team-high.
The promotion does not have anything to do with Daniel Paille, who seems a safe bet to be suspended for a blindside hit on Stars forward Raymond Sawada in the second period of Thursday’s 6-3 victory over Dallas. Hamill could be seen in the Bruins’ dressing room after the game, and coach Claude Julien noted that he was informed of the move earlier in the day.
Hamill is likely up to provide an another option for the team with Marc Savard’s season in question. Savard suffered the fourth concussion of his career last month against the Avalanche.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5