Bruins call up Zach Hamill from Providence
|02.03.11 at 10:44 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that have called up center Zach Hamill from Providence. The team’s first-round draft pick (eighth overall) in the 2007 draft, Hamill is second on the Providence Bruins with 28 points. His 25 assists are a team-high.
The promotion does not have anything to do with Daniel Paille, who seems a safe bet to be suspended for a blindside hit on Stars forward Raymond Sawada in the second period of Thursday’s 6-3 victory over Dallas. Hamill could be seen in the Bruins’ dressing room after the game, and coach Claude Julien noted that he was informed of the move earlier in the day.
Hamill is likely up to provide an another option for the team with Marc Savard’s season in question. Savard suffered the fourth concussion of his career last month against the Avalanche.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...