Stars get on the board, Bruins lead 4-1
|02.03.11 at 8:53 pm ET|
The Stars finally got on the board in the second period, but the Bruins still hold a 4-1 lead after 40 minutes.
Daniel Paille had the most notable play of the period, and it wasn’t for a good reason. With Stars winger Raymond Sawada skating into the Bruins’ zone, Paille blindsided him between the top of the circles, getting him tossed with a five-minute major and a match penalty. As Bruins fans should know, there is no need for that in the game, and it was definitely a play worthy of a suspension.
The Stars got their goal from Karlis Skrastins, as the Dallas defenseman scored his third of the season at 10:36 on a play Tyler Seguin could have easily prevented.
Adam McQuaid nearly scored his first goal of the season, but it was called off due to a really questionable goaltender interference call on Blake Wheeler.
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1