Logan Couture has Sharks leading Bruins, 1-0
|02.05.11 at 1:42 pm ET|
Though veteran Joe Thornton is the headline grabber when the Sharks are in town, it is a rookie who has the Sharks leading the Bruins, 1-0, after one.
The Bruins took a too many men on the ice penalty at 5:37. The penalty was solid in the early going, with Patrice Bergeron and Mark Recchi getting shorthanded opportunities for the B’s. Logan Couture ended up making the only noise that counted, sending a back-hander past Tim Thomas with 15 seconds remaining on the power play. The rookie now has 23 goals on the season.
Adam McQuaid fought Ben Eager at 17:53, with Eager getting the better of McQuaid in the bought. The B’s ended up on the power play as a Eager was also assessed a roughing minor. The Bruins were 0-for-2 on the power play.
After a period, the Bruins are outshooting the Sharks, 8-5.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara