Bruins to hold press conference for Marc Savard
|02.07.11 at 10:18 am ET|
With multiple reports indicating Sunday that Bruins center Marc Savard will be shut down for the rest of the season, the team called a press conference for Monday at 2 p.m. at TD Garden. Present at the press conference will be the center, general manager Peter Chiarelli, and head team physician Dr. Peter Asnis.
Savard suffered the fourth concussion of his career on Jan. 22 when he took a hit in the corner from Avalanche defenseman Matt Hunwick and has been out since. The 33-year-old, who missed the first 23 games of the season with post-concussion syndrome, had 10 points (2 G, 8 A) and a team-worst minus-7 rating in 25 games with the Bruins this season.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...