|Red Wings pile it on Tuukka Rask in second period||02.11.11 at 8:38 pm ET|
After two periods and a 5-1 Red Wings lead, one thing is certain: Friday is not Tuukka Rask’s night. The B’s goaltender allowed three second-period goals, including Todd Bertuzzi’s second of the night.
Jiri Hidler scored 1:09 into the period, the second time the Red Wings have scored within the first 1:10 of a period. A Henrik Zetterberg backhanded tally on the power made it 4-1, and 24 seconds later, Rask misplayed a puck and Bertuzzie fired it off the netminder and in from behind the net.
Brad marchand was unsuccessful on a couple of opportunities in the period, whiffing early on in a shot in front of the net and getting stopped point-blank by Howard with around seven minutes remaining. The teams have 18 shots apiece.
The Bruins will begin the third shorthanded, as there are 23 seconds remaining on a Nathan Horton slashing penalty.
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...