Red Wings pile it on Tuukka Rask in second period
|02.11.11 at 8:38 pm ET|
After two periods and a 5-1 Red Wings lead, one thing is certain: Friday is not Tuukka Rask’s night. The B’s goaltender allowed three second-period goals, including Todd Bertuzzi’s second of the night.
Jiri Hidler scored 1:09 into the period, the second time the Red Wings have scored within the first 1:10 of a period. A Henrik Zetterberg backhanded tally on the power made it 4-1, and 24 seconds later, Rask misplayed a puck and Bertuzzie fired it off the netminder and in from behind the net.
Brad marchand was unsuccessful on a couple of opportunities in the period, whiffing early on in a shot in front of the net and getting stopped point-blank by Howard with around seven minutes remaining. The teams have 18 shots apiece.
The Bruins will begin the third shorthanded, as there are 23 seconds remaining on a Nathan Horton slashing penalty.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5