Red Wings pile it on Tuukka Rask in second period
|02.11.11 at 8:38 pm ET|
After two periods and a 5-1 Red Wings lead, one thing is certain: Friday is not Tuukka Rask’s night. The B’s goaltender allowed three second-period goals, including Todd Bertuzzi’s second of the night.
Jiri Hidler scored 1:09 into the period, the second time the Red Wings have scored within the first 1:10 of a period. A Henrik Zetterberg backhanded tally on the power made it 4-1, and 24 seconds later, Rask misplayed a puck and Bertuzzie fired it off the netminder and in from behind the net.
Brad marchand was unsuccessful on a couple of opportunities in the period, whiffing early on in a shot in front of the net and getting stopped point-blank by Howard with around seven minutes remaining. The teams have 18 shots apiece.
The Bruins will begin the third shorthanded, as there are 23 seconds remaining on a Nathan Horton slashing penalty.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara