Tyler Seguin a healthy scratch vs. Red Wings
|02.11.11 at 11:45 am ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien said that the team will be going with the same lineup Friday against the Red Wings as they had in Wednesday’s 8-6 win over the Canadiens. That means that as far as rookies go, Zach Hamill and Jordan Caron are in and second overall pick Tyler Seguin is out.
It will be the second consecutive game Seguin has been a healthy scratch, and technically the third time this season. He was scratched twice in December, one of which was the result of flu-like symptoms.
In 51 games this season, Seguin has eight goals and nine assists for 17 points and a plus-1 rating. He has averaged 12:18 of ice time, though he has played less than 10 minutes of the last four games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara