|Red Wings take lead in second period||02.13.11 at 2:06 pm ET|
The Bruuins relinquished the lead in the second period on Sunday, and will have to overcome a 3-2 defect to avoid a home and home sweep at the hands ot the Red Wings.
Pavel Datsyuk tied the game 3:54 into the period, sending it in following a Tim Thomas collision with Adam McQuaid in front of the net. McQuaid’s collision wouldn’t prove to be the only rookie blunder, as Tyler Seguin, who scored the Bruins’ first goal, gave a reminder as to why he had been a healthy scratch the last two games. He didn’t stick with his man in Kris Draper at the blue line, and with Draper coming into the zone unattended to, Patrick Eaves hit him with nice saucer pass in front of Tim Thomas.
The Bruins had only six shots on goal in the second period, and through two are being outshot, 29-15.
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition
- VIDEO: Extended Highlights of Rangers/Bruins Game 2
- Dear NBC: Time To Acknowledge The AHL
- Monday Morning Skate: LUUUUUUUUUNDQVIIIIIIIIIIST
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain