Bruins tied with Leafs entering third
|02.15.11 at 8:42 pm ET|
The Bruins and Maple Leafs each tallied a goal for the second straight period Tuesday night, and the teams enter the third period tied, 2-2.
A Maple Leafs shot from the point bounced off a Bruins’ skate at around the hashmarks, and with Tim Thomas out of position, Mikhail Grbovski took advantage of an open net to give the Leafs their first lead of the night.
With Grabovski in the box for high-sticking later in the period, Brad Marchand fired a shot on James Reimer, with Gregory Campbell whacked the rebound into the net from out of mid-air to tie the game up.
The Bruins drew three penalties in the second period, the third of which they converted on. Dion Phaneuf went off for slashing Milan Lucic at 8:37, while some tougher play from Tyler Seguin in front of the Leafs’ net produced a Keith Aulie interference minor at 12:26. Grabovski went off for high-sticking Mark Stuart at 16:44.
David Krejci had multiple opportunities on Leafs netminder James Reimer in the period, but Reimer came up big, stuffing Krejci when he elected to shoot and Lucic when the center dished it.
Through two, the B’s have a 25-19 advantage in shots on goal.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...