Phil Kessel finally scores, Bruins and Leafs tied after one
|02.15.11 at 7:47 pm ET|
Turns out there will not be a 15th game of Phil Kessel’s goal-less streak, as he scored with 2:38 remaining in the first period to tie the game Tuesday night. After one, the B’s and Leafs are tied, 1-1.
Mikhail Grabovski took a hard hit into the boards from Zdeno Chara and was slow to get up late in the period. Chara went off for boarding, with Kessel tipping a pick past Tim Thomas on the power play. The Leafs finished the period 1-for-2 on the man advantage, while there were no Toronto penalties.
After one, the Bruins are outshooting the Leafs, 14-12.
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?