Phil Kessel finally scores, Bruins and Leafs tied after one
|02.15.11 at 7:47 pm ET|
Turns out there will not be a 15th game of Phil Kessel’s goal-less streak, as he scored with 2:38 remaining in the first period to tie the game Tuesday night. After one, the B’s and Leafs are tied, 1-1.
Mikhail Grabovski took a hard hit into the boards from Zdeno Chara and was slow to get up late in the period. Chara went off for boarding, with Kessel tipping a pick past Tim Thomas on the power play. The Leafs finished the period 1-for-2 on the man advantage, while there were no Toronto penalties.
After one, the Bruins are outshooting the Leafs, 14-12.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara