Phil Kessel finally scores, Bruins and Leafs tied after one
|02.15.11 at 7:47 pm ET|
Turns out there will not be a 15th game of Phil Kessel’s goal-less streak, as he scored with 2:38 remaining in the first period to tie the game Tuesday night. After one, the B’s and Leafs are tied, 1-1.
Daniel Paille, fresh off a four-game suspension, got the scoring started when a pass from behind the net intended for Gregory Campbell bounced into past Toronto goaltender James Reimer.
Mikhail Grabovski took a hard hit into the boards from Zdeno Chara and was slow to get up late in the period. Chara went off for boarding, with Kessel tipping a pick past Tim Thomas on the power play. The Leafs finished the period 1-for-2 on the man advantage, while there were no Toronto penalties.
After one, the Bruins are outshooting the Leafs, 14-12.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5