|Bruins hold 6-2 lead entering third||02.17.11 at 8:40 pm ET|
The first period was all Bruins, but back-and-forth action was the norm for the second period Thursday at Nassau Coliseum. After two, the B’s have a 6-2 lead.
David Krejci scored on his own rebound just 55 seconds into the period, but John Tavares responded with his 22nd goal of the season to get the Islanders on the board. Tyler Seguin scored his 10th of the season while falling down off a pass from Shawn Thornton, and strikes from Josh Bailey and Milan Lucic rounded out the period’s scoring.
Nathan Lawson was yanked after Seguin’s goal, with former sixth overall draft pick Al Montoya taking over in net. The Islanders outshot the B’s, 22-12 in the second, and after two the Bruins hold a 27-26 advantage.
- GIF RECAP: Bruins 2, Rangers 1: Doppelganger Hockey!
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...