Bruins take 3-0 lead in first period
|02.17.11 at 7:47 pm ET|
The Bruins got two things they needed out of the first period. Their forwards celebrated three goals, while Tuukka Rask was mostly bored.
The B’s outshot the Islanders, 15-4 in the first, receiving goals from Blake Wheeler, Mark Recchi, and Daniel Paille. Wheeler scored 1:52 into the period off a pass from Tyler Seguin. The second goal went off Recchi’s skate and was reviewed, but since there was no kicking motion the goal was allowed.
Paille now has points in each of his last four games, a span over which he has scored all three of his goals on the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5