Bruins take 3-0 lead in first period
|02.17.11 at 7:47 pm ET|
The Bruins got two things they needed out of the first period. Their forwards celebrated three goals, while Tuukka Rask was mostly bored.
The B’s outshot the Islanders, 15-4 in the first, receiving goals from Blake Wheeler, Mark Recchi, and Daniel Paille. Wheeler scored 1:52 into the period off a pass from Tyler Seguin. The second goal went off Recchi’s skate and was reviewed, but since there was no kicking motion the goal was allowed.
Paille now has points in each of his last four games, a span over which he has scored all three of his goals on the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara