|Burke: Lot of fiction in Kaberle reports||02.17.11 at 7:56 pm ET|
Nobody’s ever accused Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke of being shy. That’s why it isn’t a surprise that in the same week he said the Leafs weren’t done dealing, he took the opportunity to deny premature reports that he was “close” to trading Tomas Kaberle to Boston.
Burke said on NHL Live! Thursday that he has discussed deals involving Kaberle, a free agent-to-be whose current contract includes a no-trade clause, with multiple teams. He said he didn’t have a deal with Boston, and that the Bruins aren’t the only team Kaberle would accept a trade to.
“That’s not accurate. And I wouldn’t accept those terms,” Burke said. “That’s not fair to us. If those were the conditions I would tell the agent ‘no.’ That’s not acceptable. That’s not true. It’s not true that the deal is done with Boston. None of that is true. We continue to talk to multiple teams and we’ll see where it goes.”
Below is video of Burke’s interview:
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET