|Bruins make Kaberle trade official||02.18.11 at 11:28 am ET|
[UPDATE: 2:52 p.m.]The Bruins announced Friday afternoon that they have traded Joe Colborne, their own 2011 first-round pick, and a conditional pick to the Maple Leafs in exchange for four-time All-Star defenseman Tomas Kaberle. The conditional pick will be a 2012 second-round choice if the B’s either re-sign Kaberle or make it to the Stanley Cup finals.
Kaberle, 32, is in the final year of his contract and has a no-trade clause that would require waiving for a deal to get done. In 58 games this season, he has three goals and 35 assists for 38 points. He will be available to the Bruins Friday night against the Senators, wearing No. 12.
Drafted with the 16th overall pick in the 2008 draft, Colborne has 12 goals and 14 assists for 26 points in 55 games this season for the Providence Bruins.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET