Bruins sign Shane Hnidy
|02.26.11 at 6:51 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Saturday that they have signed defenseman Shane Hnidy to a one-year contract. Hnidy, who is still recovering from a shoulder injury suffered with the Coyotes in training camp, had been practicing with the team on a tryout basis since Wednesday.
Hnidy played parts of two seasons in Boston previously, skating in 108 regular season and 14 playoff games over the 2007-08 and 2008-09 campaigns. The B’s traded a sixth-round pick and Brandon Bochenski to the Ducks for Hnidy during the 2007-08 season.
The Bruins also announced that they have signed forward Kirk MacDonald to an NHL contract. MacDonald has 12 goals and 15 assists for 27 points in 60 games for Providence this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara