Bruins trade Brian McGrattan to Ducks
|02.27.11 at 11:15 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday night that they have traded forward Brian McGrattan and defenseman Sean Zimmerman, both of whom had been playing in the AHL for Providence, to the Ducks in exchange for forwards David Laliberte and Stefan Chaput.
McGrattan, whom the Bruins signed after the season’s second game, never played a game for Boston, and he registered five points and 97 penalty minutes in 39 games this season for Providence.
Both Laliberte, 24, and Chaput, 22, will report to Providence. They have 18 and 10 points, respectively in the AHL this season. Chaput has not played in the NHL, while Laliberte totaled three points in 11 games with the Flyers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara