Steven Kampfer to be reevaluated Friday
|03.03.11 at 10:25 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien said after Thursday’s 2-1 win that rookie defenseman Steven Kampfer “got his bell rung” before leaving the game in the second period.
“The doctors wanted to be cautious and kept him off,” Julien said. “He’ll be reevaluated tomorrow and we’ll see how he feels.”
Despite leaving the game shortly after a hit from Mattias Ritola, Kampfer played a key role in the game. His failure to successfully get the puck out of the offensive zone resulted in the Lightning’s lone goal, and he made up for the play by scoring his fifth goal of the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5