Steven Kampfer to be reevaluated Friday
|03.03.11 at 10:25 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien said after Thursday’s 2-1 win that rookie defenseman Steven Kampfer “got his bell rung” before leaving the game in the second period.
“The doctors wanted to be cautious and kept him off,” Julien said. “He’ll be reevaluated tomorrow and we’ll see how he feels.”
Despite leaving the game shortly after a hit from Mattias Ritola, Kampfer played a key role in the game. His failure to successfully get the puck out of the offensive zone resulted in the Lightning’s lone goal, and he made up for the play by scoring his fifth goal of the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara