Steven Kampfer to be reevaluated Friday
|03.03.11 at 10:25 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien said after Thursday’s 2-1 win that rookie defenseman Steven Kampfer “got his bell rung” before leaving the game in the second period.
“The doctors wanted to be cautious and kept him off,” Julien said. “He’ll be reevaluated tomorrow and we’ll see how he feels.”
Despite leaving the game shortly after a hit from Mattias Ritola, Kampfer played a key role in the game. His failure to successfully get the puck out of the offensive zone resulted in the Lightning’s lone goal, and he made up for the play by scoring his fifth goal of the season.
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge