Steven Kampfer out one week with concussion, Patrice Bergeron (personal reasons) out Saturday
|03.04.11 at 1:19 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins will be without two players when they host the Penguins Saturday at TD Garden. Steven Kampfer, who scored in Thursday’s 2-1 win, left the game following a hard hit from Mattias Ritola and on Friday was diagnosed with a mild concussion. Coach Claude Julien said after Friday’s practice at Ristuccia Arena that the 22-year-old is expected to miss a week.
Patrice Bergeron, meanwhile, is not with the team and has travelled elsewhere due to “personal reasons,” according to the coach. He will not play against the Penguins. It will be the first game the 25-year-old has missed all season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara