Steven Kampfer out one week with concussion, Patrice Bergeron (personal reasons) out Saturday
|03.04.11 at 1:19 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins will be without two players when they host the Penguins Saturday at TD Garden. Steven Kampfer, who scored in Thursday’s 2-1 win, left the game following a hard hit from Mattias Ritola and on Friday was diagnosed with a mild concussion. Coach Claude Julien said after Friday’s practice at Ristuccia Arena that the 22-year-old is expected to miss a week.
Patrice Bergeron, meanwhile, is not with the team and has travelled elsewhere due to “personal reasons,” according to the coach. He will not play against the Penguins. It will be the first game the 25-year-old has missed all season.
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night