Steven Kampfer out one week with concussion, Patrice Bergeron (personal reasons) out Saturday
|03.04.11 at 1:19 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins will be without two players when they host the Penguins Saturday at TD Garden. Steven Kampfer, who scored in Thursday’s 2-1 win, left the game following a hard hit from Mattias Ritola and on Friday was diagnosed with a mild concussion. Coach Claude Julien said after Friday’s practice at Ristuccia Arena that the 22-year-old is expected to miss a week.
Patrice Bergeron, meanwhile, is not with the team and has travelled elsewhere due to “personal reasons,” according to the coach. He will not play against the Penguins. It will be the first game the 25-year-old has missed all season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5