Bruins trail Penguins entering third
|03.05.11 at 8:36 pm ET|
The Bruins got on the board first, but they trail the Penguins, 2-1, after two periods of play. The Penguins are outshooting the B’s, 29-20.
The Bruins opened the scoring when David Krejci hit Zdeno Chara in the high slot, where the captain fired off a wrist shot that beat Marc-Andre Fluery. It was Chara’s first goal in 20 games, with his last coming on Jan. 17 vs. the Hurricane (Chara had a hat trick in the 7-0 win).
The Penguins took less than three minutes to respond, as a good opportunity from the third line turned into a 2-on-1 for the Penguins when Johnny Boychuk failed to keep the puck in the zone. Jordan Staal scored on the 2-on-1, his seventh of the season.
Dustin Jeffrey made it 2-1 at 11:19 when he slid one past Thomas from the hahmarks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5