Optional skate for Bruins
|03.05.11 at 11:12 am ET|
The Bruins’ morning skate for Saturday was of the optional variety, so there’s no telling who will be between the pipes vs. the Penguins later on.
The Bruins tweeted that it was Matt Bartkowski, Shane Hnidy, Zdeno Chara, Tomas Kaberle, Adam McQuaid, Dennis Seidenberg, Gregory Campbell, Brad Marchand, Tyler Seguin, Chris Kelly, and Tuukka Rask taking part in the skate. Bartkowski is playing after being called up due to Steven Kampfer’s concussion, while Seguin will be in the lineup because personal matters have caused Patrice Bergeron to travel elsewhere.
The Bruins have won seven games in a row and can make it eight with a victory over the fourth-place Penguins. Pittsburgh has struggled of late, but that can be expected from a team playing without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. The Penguins have won just one of their last seven games, going 1-2-4. Five of their last seven have gone into overtime.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5