Optional skate for Bruins
|03.05.11 at 11:12 am ET|
The Bruins’ morning skate for Saturday was of the optional variety, so there’s no telling who will be between the pipes vs. the Penguins later on.
The Bruins tweeted that it was Matt Bartkowski, Shane Hnidy, Zdeno Chara, Tomas Kaberle, Adam McQuaid, Dennis Seidenberg, Gregory Campbell, Brad Marchand, Tyler Seguin, Chris Kelly, and Tuukka Rask taking part in the skate. Bartkowski is playing after being called up due to Steven Kampfer’s concussion, while Seguin will be in the lineup because personal matters have caused Patrice Bergeron to travel elsewhere.
The Bruins have won seven games in a row and can make it eight with a victory over the fourth-place Penguins. Pittsburgh has struggled of late, but that can be expected from a team playing without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. The Penguins have won just one of their last seven games, going 1-2-4. Five of their last seven have gone into overtime.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara