Mark Recchi will travel with Bruins to Montreal, Steven Kampfer and Andrew Ference to hang back
|03.07.11 at 12:13 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins coach Claude Julien said that Mark Recchi missed Monday’s practice with personal reasons, but that the veteran forward will travel with the team to Montreal for Tuesday’s game against the Canadiens. Defensemen Steven Kampfer and Andrew Ference will not travel with the B’s. Kampfer, out with a concussion, is still dealing with headaches as he looks to get back on the ice.
“It’s the occasional headache that still bothers you, and that’s about it,” Kampfer said Monday. “It’s frustrating. They’ll go away for a couple of hours and then they’ll come back. It’s getting better as time goes on.”
Ference has been dealing with a lower body injury and was expected to begin skating by Monday, but he remained absent from practice.
“We had predicted [that he would begin skating] yesterday or maybe today, but [he's] not quite there yet, but it really is a day-to-day situation,” Julien said. “Depending on how things go today, it could be tomorrow or the day after, but he’s getting closer.”
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...