|Mark Recchi will travel with Bruins to Montreal, Steven Kampfer and Andrew Ference to hang back||03.07.11 at 12:13 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins coach Claude Julien said that Mark Recchi missed Monday’s practice with personal reasons, but that the veteran forward will travel with the team to Montreal for Tuesday’s game against the Canadiens. Defensemen Steven Kampfer and Andrew Ference will not travel with the B’s. Kampfer, out with a concussion, is still dealing with headaches as he looks to get back on the ice.
“It’s the occasional headache that still bothers you, and that’s about it,” Kampfer said Monday. “It’s frustrating. They’ll go away for a couple of hours and then they’ll come back. It’s getting better as time goes on.”
Ference has been dealing with a lower body injury and was expected to begin skating by Monday, but he remained absent from practice.
“We had predicted [that he would begin skating] yesterday or maybe today, but [he's] not quite there yet, but it really is a day-to-day situation,” Julien said. “Depending on how things go today, it could be tomorrow or the day after, but he’s getting closer.”
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.
- P-Bruins Game 7 Preview: Well, here we are.
- OTBH: Most Dangerous Lead in Hockey
- Just how bad WAS the Bartkowski and Seidenberg trade with Florida?
- Fresh Links: Yippee Paille Edition