Max Pacioretty has severe concussion, fractured vertebrae
|03.09.11 at 12:43 pm ET|
Canadiens coach Jacques Martin announced Wednesday that forward Max Pacioretty, who was motionless on the ice after taking a hit into a stanchion along the boards from Zdeno Chara Tuesday night, suffered a severe concussion and fractured the fourth cervical vertebrae.
'Max will remain at the hospital for further observation,” Martin said in a statement. “There will be no other prognosis for the time being, but he will obviously be out indefinitely. The most important thing for our organization right now is Max's recovery. We will continue following recommendations from the doctors and of course, Max and his immediate family would appreciate privacy in this matter.'
Chara will find out Wednesday whether he will be disciplined for the play, on which he received a five-minute major for interference and a game misconduct.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...