|Max Pacioretty has severe concussion, fractured vertebrae||03.09.11 at 12:43 pm ET|
Canadiens coach Jacques Martin announced Wednesday that forward Max Pacioretty, who was motionless on the ice after taking a hit into a stanchion along the boards from Zdeno Chara Tuesday night, suffered a severe concussion and fractured the fourth cervical vertebrae.
“Max will remain at the hospital for further observation,” Martin said in a statement. “There will be no other prognosis for the time being, but he will obviously be out indefinitely. The most important thing for our organization right now is Max’s recovery. We will continue following recommendations from the doctors and of course, Max and his immediate family would appreciate privacy in this matter.”
Chara will find out Wednesday whether he will be disciplined for the play, on which he received a five-minute major for interference and a game misconduct.
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.
- P-Bruins Game 7 Preview: Well, here we are.