Tim Thomas, Tuukka Rask get early work in prior to Bruins’ practice
|03.09.11 at 12:29 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins returned to practice at Ristuccia Arena on Wednesday after an ugly 4-1 loss to the Canadiens on Tuesday.
Prior to the rest of the team taking the ice, a group of players consisting of Shane Hnidy, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin, Matt Bartwkoswki, Daniel Paille and Brad Marchand took shots on goaltenders for Tim Thomas and Tuukka Rask. There were reports that Thomas may have suffered a hand injury Tuesday morning, but Thomas seems fine.
Zdeno Chara was on the ice when the rest of the team came out, which was a little after 12:40 p.m. We’re awaiting word on the result Chara’s call with the league this morning after he was tossed for a his hit on Max Pacioretty on Tuesday night. Word on Pacioretty via the Canadiens that the Habs forward suffered a fractured vertebrae and a severe concussion on the play.
The skate also featured some tweaking of the lines. Looks like Rich Peverley has jumped up to the second line, with Mark Recchi dropping back onto Chris Kelly‘s line.
Milan Lucic – David Krejci – Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand – Patrice Bergeron – Rich Peverley
Mark Recchi – Chris Kelly – Michael Ryder
Tyler Seguin/Daniel Paille – Gregory Campbell – Shawn Thornton
Still no sign of Andrew Ference, though Matt Kalman at The Bruins Blog reported Wednesday that he skated earlier in the day.
- Thursday Morning Skate: Oh My Bergeron
- Stanley Cup Final Quick Recap: Bruins lose 6-5 in OT. See ya Monday, TD...
- Public Skate: Bruins 5 Blackhawks 5 OT TIME Y'ALLLLLLL
- Public Skate: Game 4, Bruins 3, Blackhawks 4 - Third Period
- Stanley Cup Final: HNIC Game 4 Intro: Killing it, as usual.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Complete Coverage
- Bruin text messages: a Cup of Chowder exclusive